We are looking forward to celebrating Her Majesty The Queen’s Jubilee with a 4-day weekend full of events. She is the first British Monarch to celebrate a Platinum Jubilee, marking 70 years of service to the people of the United Kingdom, the Realms and the Commonwealth.
Celebrations are taking place across the world with local communities hosting street parties, picnics, concerts, beacon lighting and much more.
London will see a culmination of special events which can be watched on big screens throughout the country including:
Thursday the 2nd of June
- Trooping the Colour – This is a military parade which ends at Buckingham Palace. The Royal Family will appear on the balcony and there will be a Flypast with a large formation of military aircraft.
- Beacon Lighting – Beacons will be lit across not only the country but in Commonwealth capitals across the world as a symbol of unity.
Friday the 3rd of June
- Service of Thanksgiving – A Service of Thanksgiving for The Queen’s reign will be held at St Paul’s Cathedral.
Saturday the 4th of June
- The Derby at Epsom Downs – The Royal Family will attend the Derby, one of the highlights of the horse racing season.
- Platinum Party at the Palace – This concert being held at Buckingham Palace will see musical artists from across the world performing.
Sunday the 5th of June
- The Big Jubilee Lunch – This will see communities throughout the Commonwealth gathering for a special street party lunch with BBQ’s, world record attempts, picnics and much more.
- The Platinum Jubilee Pageant – The Pageant which will also be televised will bring to life iconic moments from The Queen’s reign and end with the singing of the National Anthem.
For more information about this story, please contact [email protected]